Info on the New Kwikset Halo Touch and Keypad Wi-Fi Enabled Smart Locks
Kwikset, the residential lock manufacturer, launched its latest smart locks, the Halo Touch Wi-Fi Smart Lock and the Halo Keypad Wi-Fi Smart Lock.
The Touch and Keypad smart locks are Wi-Fi-enabled deadbolts, and feature:
- direct connection with your existing Wi-Fi network and smartphone,
- The Kwikset mobile app is compatible with both Android and iOS,
- programming and storing 50 users or 250 user codes (including the option of guest access), locally - not in the cloud,
- schedule for custom user codes,
- lock and unlock,
- view/receive updates of lock activity,
- manage multiple properties,
- temporarily disable touch and keypad function tp prevent unwanted entry,
- you can quickly rekey the locks,
- you can also use a traditional key to lock and unlock,
- latest patented SmartKey Security™, protecting against common and forced entry break-in methods like lock picking, lock bumping and torque attacks,
- SmartKey Security™ also allows homeowners to reset their security by re-keying their locks quickly and easily; rendering lost, loaned or unreturned keys useless,
- the touchscreen version features Kwikset’s patented SecureScreen, preventing against unwanted entry,
- BHMA Certified (BHMA= Builders Hardware Manufacturers Association).
Installation and Set-up.
The Kwikset company states that its smart locks are easy to install and set-up, so it is Do-It-Yourself-friendly.
You need a Wi-Fi network and the free to download Kwikset app.
Dimensions: 4 x 4.2 x 9.7 inches
Exterior finish options:
The Halo Touchscreen Wi-Fi smart lock is available in Satin Nickel, Venetian Bronze, Polished Chrome and Iron Black.
The Halo Keypad Wi-Fi smart lock is available in Satin Nickel and Venetian Bronze
For the Kwikset Halo Touchscreen Wi-Fi-enabled smart lock, see the Amazon #ad link Here for more information, reviews and pricing.
For the Kwikset Halo Keypad Wi-Fi-enabled smart lock , see the Amazon #ad link Here for more information, reviews and pricing.
Questions you might have about Halo Wi-Fi-enabled smart locks :
Is my router compatible with the Halo smart locks?
The Kwikset Halo smart locks are compatible with:
- Router-TP Link (450 Mbps wireless N Router TL-WR940N)
- Linksys WRT32X Gaming Router
- NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home WIFI System Triband WIFI
- TP Link- AC1750
- Linksys EA6350 Wi-Fi Wireless Dual-Band+ Router with Gigabit & USB
- ASUS 3-In-1 Wireless Router (RT-N12)
- TP-LINK TL-WR702N
- Netgear R6700-100NAS Nighthawk AC1750 Smart Dual Band WiFi Router (R6700)
- Netgear WNR3500 v2
- Netgear WNR3500L
- Mi router 4 Dual Band 2.4 and 5GHZ
- Dlink DIR816 Dual Band 2.4 and 5GHZ
- NetGear WGR614V10
- Dlink DIR 600M- Cloud router
- DLink N150
- DLink N300
- Repeater- Mi Wifi repeater 2
- Repeater - Mi Repeater Pro 300M
- Repeater - TP link wifi repeater
Do I need a third-party hub or service for the Halo smart locks?
There's no need for a third-party hub, panel or subscription service.
Can these Halo smart locks be put on outside doors?
These smart locks are suitable on standard size exterior residential doors.
Are these Halo smart locks Alexa enabled?
These Halo smart locks work with Google Home Assistant and Amazon Alexa.
Kwikset smart lock reset.
If you want to reset a Kwikset smart lock, be sure to have the door open en unlocked. Next, press the program button for several seconds - or press several times, depending on the lock type. See the manual for precise procedure. Next, you hear a beep or seeing a LED light color-change. As said, it depends on the type of lock you have.
Kwikset smart lock rekey.
See the rekey-instructions that came with your lock.