Energy Storage Systems for Homeowners
Growatt AXE LV battery system
In second half of January 2022, inverter and energy storage system provider Growatt launched its newly AXE LV battery system.
The AXE battery system is extendable from 5kWh to 400kWh.
"Due to internal plugging, and simplified connection to the inverter, this modular battery system can be easily installed" says the company.
- LiFePO4 (LFP) battery,
- Charge cycles: up to 5,000 cycles,
- Lifespan: more than 10 years,
- Operating voltage: 48V - 57.6V,
- Operating temperature: 0 - 50°C,
Growatt's SPF off-grid inverters,
Growatt's SPH and SPA storage inverters.
FranklinWH aPower aGate Energy Storage System
In January 2022, residential energy storage company FranklinWH Whole Home launched its newly developed energy storage system.
The new system named aPower aGate is an integrated AC-coupled battery storage and control system for homeowners.
The powerful clean energy system creates a micro-grid for your home, for example with HVAC, EV charging, pool heating, and more. The system can be enhanced with many units up to 204kWh.
The system can be used with your existing solar inverter, and
there's no need to upgrade your electric main panel.
For an installer there's "no field assembly, no complex wiring or compatibility issues, and no programming", says the company.
- 13.6kWh LiFePO4 AC battery - aPower,
- Built-in inverter,
- Controller, including BMS: aGate,
- Remote control: monitoring by app,
- Continuous power: 5kW,
- Peak discharge power: 10kW,
- Connection: supports L1/L2/N/PE,
- Mounting: indoor or outdoor, (IP67 protection),
- Dimensions aPower: 45.3 x 29.5 x 11.4 inches (115x75x29cm),
aGate: 31.5 x 21.7 x 6.3 inches (80x55x16cm),
- Weight aPower: 408 lbs (185 kg), aGate: 51 lbs (23 kg),
- Warranty: 12 years.
Wallbox Quasar 2, bi-directional DC charger
Another development these days is the introduction of the Quasar 2, a newly developed bi-directional DC charger from the Wallbox, a charging, and energy management solutions company.
The Quasar 2 can pull energy from your EV to power your home, which can be handy during an outage or cloudy weather.
With this charger, you have power your home for over three days - based on an average household's critical consumption, says Wallbox.
Vehicle-to-Home functionality (V2H).
You can charge your EV during off-peak hours and then use that energy to power your home during peak hours.
Vehicle-to-Grid functionality (V2G).
If applicable you can send energy from your EV back to the grid in order to get discounts on your monthly utility bill.
The Quasar 2 features:
- 11.5kW / 48 Amp for faster EV charging and discharging,
- Lightweight design for easy installation,
- Blackout mode: EV power to power your home,
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Ethernet, 3G/4G,
- User interface: myWallbox App.
Specs of the Quasar 2 DC charger:
- Capacity: 11.5kW / 48A,
- Connector type: CCS,
- Operating temperature: -30ºC to 50ºC (-22ºF to 122ºF),
- Storage temperature: -30ºC to 70ºC (-22ºF to 158ºF),
- Dimensions: (HWD) 70,35 x 33,8 x 12,7cm (27.7 x 13.3 x 5 inches),
- Weight: 20 kg,
Generac PWRcell battery storage system
Energy technology company Generac has their PWRcell battery storage system, to configure energy storage with three to six battery modules. Capacity ranging from 9,000Wh to 16,000Wh with respective output of 4,500W and 9,000W
Tesla Powerwall and Powerwall+
You'll find here the main differences between the two Tesla powerwall types.
|7.6kW full sun /
5.8kW no sun
|9.6kW full sun (peak:22kW) /
7kW no sun (peak:10kW)
|Load start cap.||118 A||106 A|
|Operating temp.||-4°F to 122°F||-4°F to 122°F|
|Dimensions: (LWD)||62.8 x 29.7 x 6.3 in||45.3 x 29.6 x 5.75 in|
|Weight||343.9 lbs||251.3 lbs|
|Warranty||10 years||10 years|
Tesla Motors 24 feet! Cable Wall Connector
- Output wattage: 11.5kW power max,
- Level 2 fast charger (level 1 is regular charging),
- Compatible with all Tesla models, except Roadster,
For the Tesla Motors 24 feet! Cable Wall Connector, see the Amazon ad link here for more information, reviews, and best pricing.
Renogy LYCAN 5000 Power Box
Renogy launched its new LYCAN 5000 Power Box.
The new power station features:
- Uninterrupted power supply,
- Battery: LiFePO4,
- Output capacity: 3,500 watts, and a peak wattage of 7,000
- Expandible with 50Ah LiFePO4 batteries,
- Fast charging for example from your solar panels, or combined with AC power
- Battery charge current (Max): 100A,
- Lifespan: 4,500 cycles - 80% depth of discharge(DOD) ,
- Suitable for outdoor use,
- Replaceable components,
- Dimensions: 32.9 x 20.0 x 28.5 inches / 835 x 508 x 724 mm,
Weight: 264.6 lbs / 120kg
Dory Power B-7000 portable power station
In January 2022, battery power systems company Dory Power launched its upgraded B-7000 portable power station with integrated Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS).
The home power system features:
- Lithium-Phosphate Battery capacity: 7160Wh,
- Life cycles: 3500 charging/discharging cycles,
- Output: 3000 watts (surge 6000 watts),
and 3300VA UPS to power household appliances,
This B-7000 power station comes with AC charging cable, and manual.
For the Dory Power B-7000 portable power - and UPS - station, see the Amazon ad link here for more information, and best pricing.
EcoFlow DELTA Pro Portable Home Battery
In December 2021, EcoFlow Technology launched its new DELTA Pro Portable Home Battery.
The new home battery system features:
- Battery: LFP (liFePO4),
- Capacity: 3,600 watts,
- AC output: 5 ports, total 3,600 watts (surge 7200 watts,
- Fast charging - multicharge 6500W,
- Solar charge input: 1,600W, 11V - 150V, 15A,
- 2 DC output ports - 38W max per port,
- Car output: 12.6V, 10A, 126W max,
- 2 USB-A output ports - 12W max per port,
- 2 USB-C output ports - 100W max per port,
- AC charging input: 1800W max, 120V -15A, or 3000W max, 240V -12.5A,
- Charging input from car,
- Weight (net): 99 lbs (45 kg).
This DELTA Pro power station comes with AC charging cable, car charging cable, solar charging cable, DC cable, handle cover, adaper, and manual.
For the EcoFlow DELTA Pro Portable Home Battery, see the Amazon ad link here for more information, reviews and best pricing.
And have a look at the Smart Extra Batteries from EF EcoFlow, see Amazon ad link here for information and best pricing.
Then there's the less powerful but moveable power station
Yeti 6000X from Goal Zero, featuring 6kW power and a 2kW AC inverter.
For this Goal Zero power station see the Amazon ad link here for more information, reviews and best pricing.
If you're looking for something smaller, for example, a real-portable power station, then there's the well-rated Jackery Solar Generator 1500, featuring 1.8kW power, AC, and DC outputs at 100 watts.
For this Jackery power station, complete with four solar panels, see the Amazon ad link here for more information, reviews and best pricing.