Info on Metro PCS Bill Pay
May be you're one of the many people who want to know more about how will I be billed at MetroPCS, how to make a payment, are there costs involved or not.
If you're wondering when you will be billed, well, every month Metro PCS will send you a phone message about your account number, how much you owe them and due date of payment. There are also so-called e-statements - electronic statements - which you can get through your 'My Account' at cost of $1 per month, and containing details of all your local calls.
How you make a payment depends on how you want it. You can chose from the payment options below:
Through your 'My Metro Account' at MetroPCS:
- AutoPay is the easiest way to pay your MetroPCS bill because it allows an automatic debit to be made each month to a debit/credit card or checking account. AutoPay is a payment method available in eWallet in My Account.
- My Account allows you to pay using debit/credit card, e-check or MetroPCS Payment Card. You'll have the option to store the debit/credit card and e-check information in eWallet so you won't have to re-enter it each time you want to use it.
- Express Pay lets you pay without signing in to My Account. You'll have the option to save the debit/credit card or e-check information used in Express Pay to an eWallet at the end of your transaction. If you elect to not do that, you WILL have to re-enter the information the next time you use it.
- Dial *99 to pay through the MetroPCS automated system.
- Dial 888-8metro8 for Customer Service.
- Use the MyMetro app for debit/credit card payments.
- VCPay app for BlackBerry and Android phones
At a store:
- MetroPCS store.
- MetroPCS store payment machine.
- MetroPCS store drop box.
- Authorized Payment Center.
- Write your check (dont forget your service number) and mail your payment to: MetroPCS Wireless, Inc. PO Box 5119 Carol Stream, IL 60197-5119
More on making a MetroPCS payment at metropcs.com.
Other costs besides the monthly fee.
When you're on one of MetroPCS' Legacy plans (any plan other than what is currently posted on their Plans page), you are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and assessments. Each phone is assessed a monthly $.90 plus tax WNP Fee. If you are on one of their current tax-inclusive, non-promotional Wireless for All plans, your balance each month will not change unless you make changes to your account.
When you chose to pay your monthly fee by dialing *99, you will incur a $2 service charge. Payments made by calling 1-888-8metro8 will incur a $3 service charge. Payments in stores over the counter will incur a $3 service charge. Payment made via payment machine will incur a $2 service charge. Payments made at Authorized Payment Center will incur a $3 service charge. Payments made at Western Union will incur a $3.50 service charge.
Federal Universal Service Fee.
Washington established the federal Universal Service Fund ("USF") to promote the universal availability of telecommunications services at reasonable rates to all American consumers. The USF provides financial support for telecommunications and information services at schools, libraries and rural health care facilities, and subsidies for local service to high cost areas and low income households. All retail providers of telecommunications services providing interstate service, including MetroPCS, are required to contribute to the federal USF. Contributors are permitted by the Federal Communications Commission to add a line item to customer bills to recover their contribution costs to the federal USF.
When you're on one of MetroPCS' Legacy plans (any plan other than what is currently posted on their Plans page), you are responsible for all USF fees. If you are on one of their tax-inclusive, non-promotional Wireless for All plans, all fees are included and your balance each month will not change unless you make changes to your account.
For information about Metro PCS' upgrade from 3G CDMA to GSM 4G LTE, its plans and phones, see Metro PCS Upgrade.