Sunmmer 2014 - Launch of a newly developed MakerBot Z18, a 3D printer named in full: MakerBot Replicator Z18 having a relatively large build volume of L=305mm x W=305mm x H=457mm (in inches: 12 x 12 x 18), especially suitable for tall objects. Features mobile and Wi-Fi connectivity.
The MakerBot spokesman says that their new 3D printer - retail price around US$6,500 - provides professional quality 3D printing, comparable with professional printers which costs a lot more.
And continues saying that the Replicator Z18 is considered to be used for engine prototypes, industrial models, fictures, jigs, next generation spacecraft and movie special effect models.
Key characteristics of this three-dimensional desktop printer:
- Able to 3D print up to 18 inch high
- New smart extruder, detecting filament absence
- Intuitive dial and full-color interface display
- On-board camera for remote monitoring
- App and cloud enabled, u.o. for storage of 3D design files
- USB, ethernet and WiFi connectivity
Here's more about Replicator Z18 at the MakerBot website.
Back to Top
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!